Well, its already the middle of midterm week. I had 2 on Monday, one yesterday, and one today and tomorrow. I also have a paper due tomorrow about torres mudéjares in Toledo (a specific architectural style that is common in Toledo). So far, the tests haven't been terribly difficult, but they are all essay format and, of course, all in Spanish.
I just wanted to clarify a couple things...
Everything is in Spanish. The teachers speak and write in Spanish, clarify question in Spanish etc... We have to talk to them in Spanish. We have to do our homework, essays, and papers completely in Spanish. It's all in Spanish.
Still, the hardest part of it is actually speaking. For me, writing has been relatively easy; you can think about it and rework it until its right. You don't have such luxuries in speaking. As far as listening goes, it was a little difficult to understand the professors' accents for the first few days, but now the only problem in understanding them is not knowing some of the vocab.
Its finally gotten a little colder in the last week and a half or so...down to the 50's at night, up to the mid-60's during the day...pretty much perfect!
Tonight after my exam, I will be meeting my intercambio...he's a Spaniard who is trying to learn English. This will be my first meeting, but the idea is to speak in Spanish for half the time and English for half the time. We are supposed to correct each other if we make mistakes to hopefully help both of us get a little better.
After my exam tomorrow, I will be packing and heading off to Madrid to get to the airport for my 6:10 am flight out to Lisbon, Portugal! We have Friday through Tuesday off from classes, so most of the people here are traveling. I'm going with 4 other people from the Fund and staying in Lisbon til Monday. I'm sure I'll have some more pictures and stories to share next week!
¡Hasta luego!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment